Designed by you, ready while you wait
If you're looking for an extra special cake for a birthday, wedding, anniversary, or in fact any occasion, go no further than your local ASDA store for a personalised photo cake.
Some Frequently Asked Questions
Where do I find it in the store?
The kiosk is located in the Celebration Cake aisle near the Bakery.
How does it work?
Step by step instructions are provided on the kiosk, but here is a quick overview of what to do -
- At the kiosk, upload a photo from your phone, usb stick or scan a printed photo. If you don't have a photo, choose one of the designs that are ready to go.
- Select a frame for your photo (optional)
- Add a personal message - you can change the font, colour and outline to suit your design
- Finish your order - a receipt will be printed with the order number
- Select a cake from beside the kiosk and bring it to the bakery counter where a colleague will print your order and put it on the cake while you wait.
How long does it take?
Designing your cake topper can be as quick as 2 minutes, but you can take as long as you like to get it just right. The cake topper will be printed and put on the cake while you wait - it usually takes about 10 to 15 minutes.
Do I need to pre order?
No, after you design your cake, it will be printed and prepared while you wait. You can create a design in advance, however the cake will only be printed and prepared when you return with your receipt.
What cake flavours are available?
- Plain sponge with vanilla buttercream and raspberry jam
- Chocolate sponge with chocolate buttercream
What size are the cakes?
- Small - serves 22 - 24 x 16cm
- Large (raspberry only) serves 40 - 34 x 21cm
How much does it cost?
The finished cakes (including the personalised printed cake topper) cost
- £14* for a small cake
- £18* for a large cake.
* Prices as of August 2022